13-Year-Old Dies After Choking On A Meatball During School Lunch


A family is looking for answers after a 13-year-old died following a medical emergency last week at his school in Chesterfield, Virginia.

Josue Chavez Nolasco was swiftly transported to the emergency room on Feb. 15. He had choked on a meatball while eating lunch.

The boy’s mother said that she was working when she got a call from Providence Middle School about the occurrence. She and Josue’s father then rushed to the medical facility to be with their son.

Three days later, the seventh grader passed away on February 18.

“My son was a good boy. He did not hurt anyone, and he was well-educated and loving,” the mother said.

Reports indicate that first responders came on the scene at about 11:20 a.m., and the child arrived at the hospital at 11:35 a.m.

Police say that a school resource officer provided medical aid to the 13-year-old  prior to emergency crews arriving.

Josue’s parents are now attempting to receive more details on what exactly happened.

A GoFundMe created in Josue’s memory has generated over $16,000.


  1. Sounds like a freak accident but dang wat was in that meat ball…how long was he choking…was the himlac maneuver done. Yea they need more details


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here