2-Year-Old Saved After Being Swallowed By Hippo


On Friday, authorities released a statement noting that a 2-year-old boy was attacked and partially swallowed by a hippo before being spit back out.

The incident occurred on Dec. 4, at close to 3 p.m., in the Katwe-Kabatoro district of Uganda.

Officials say that Iga Paul had been playing at his residence at the time.

“It took the bravery of a one Chrispas Bagonza, who was nearby, to save the victim after he stoned the hippo and scared it, causing it to release the victim from its mouth,” one officer said.

The boy was transported to a clinic that was closeby for wounds on his hand and other treatment.

He has now been released from the hospital after receiving a vaccine for rabies.

“Although the hippo was scared back into the lake, all residents near animal sanctuaries and habitats should know that wild animals are very dangerous…,” a statement added.

Hippos are said to be one of the most dangerous animals on earth even being able to break a canoe in half with their powerful jaws.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here