Kindergartner Rushed To Hospital After Ingesting Hand Sanitizer


A kindergartener, in Pennsylvania, swallowed a great amount of hand sanitizer on her second day of school.

She was taken to a medical facility with a blood alcohol level of .23.

School officials noted that the unnamed girl came to school with the bottle of hand sanitizer in her supply bag. Later on in the day, she collapsed in the cafeteria. Her mother was then informed of the situation.

Hand sanitizer has 70% alcohol in it. The mother said that initially, no one knew what had happened.

When the child woke up in the hospital, that’s when it was discovered that she ingested the sanitizer. She is doing better, but her mother is worried about future problems.

Hand sanitizer exposure cases have risen more than 50% in the last year, mostly in younger children.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here