Mother Warns Of The Danger Of Water Bead Toys After 10-Month-Old Is Hospitalized

2
904





After a 10-month-old baby was placed in the hospital for weeks, a mother is sending a warning of the dangers of water bead toys.

Folishia Mitchell, of Maine, reported that she purchased a water beads activity kit at Target. She believed that it would be useful for her 8-year-old son as he is on the autism spectrum.

She placed it on the table, away from the other younger children and didn’t see a problem.

A few days following that, Mitchell stated that her daughter began to vomit and become lethargic. She took her to a medical facility, thinking she was experiencing a reaction from food. After being transferred to a children’s hospital, the mother learned that the baby had ingested a water bead.

Mitchell was shocked and had no idea that her daughter had even been close to them.

Physicians were able to remove the water bead through surgery but damage had been done to the intestines. Kennedy, the baby, had to endure four more surgeries after that because of several infections that arose because of the intestinal blockage.

It has been reported that water beads are non-toxic but can lead to life-threatening problems because they absorb fluid and get larger in the intestinal tract.



2 COMMENTS

  1. It’s really a great and helpful piece of info. I’m happy that you simply shared this helpful info with us.
    Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here