Texas Man Dies After Lighting A Firework On Top Of His Head

0
4657





A San Antonio man died early Tuesday morning after lighting a mortar style firework on top of his head.

Officers were called to a residence on the 800 block of Harriman Place shortly after midnight after a man decided to light a firework on top of his head.

When officers arrived a witness at the scene told officers that the victim, 43 year old Pablo Ruiz, had been drinking and engaging in 4th of July festivities when he lit the firework.

Ruiz was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency crews.

Authorities believe the firework exploded from the bottom of the tube piercing the top of Ruiz’s head.

As a result he died at the scene from severe head trauma.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here