U.S. Attorney Found Dead In Mexico Sustained 40 Fractures To Skull, Autopsy Reveals


On Thursday, an autopsy revealed what happened to a public defender, from Orange County, California, in Mexico, last month. The death was listed as an aggravated homicide.

The autopsy for 33-year-old Elliot Blair was conducted in Mexico. It revealed that the attorney sustained 40 fractures to the back of his skull. He also experienced “road rash” on his knees and an injury to his toe. This showed signs that he had been dragged.

The findings were opposite from what authorities indicated that Blair died from. They noted that he had fallen from a balcony at the Rosarito Beach resort. That is where the couple had been staying.

“He’s not going to have a toe injury and injuries to the back of his head as a result of a fall,” stated attorney Case Barnett.

Blair’s body was embalmed at a Mexican funeral home. This caused more difficulties in regards to toxicology tests.

On Jan. 14, Blair was discovered dead at the Las Rocas Resort and Spa in Rosarito Beach. He and his wife, Kim Williams, had been celebrating their first-year wedding anniversary.

The couple’s room was situated about 20 to 25 feet from the ground. Blair was discovered on his right side with his face down. This makes it seem impossible that his wounds would have been from falling.

Blair’s blood-alcohol level was 0.10, which is two points greater than the legal limit from driving a vehicle in California. However, he didn’t show any signs of being intoxicated, his wife and friends said.

About an hour and a half before he was found dead, the couple had been driving to their hotel room when a police officer pulled him over and patted him down for $160. It was said that Blair had been stopped for driving through a stop sign. The officers requested the money from him, and the couple drove away. Hours later, Blair was found dead.

Relatives of Blair have been attempting to get camera surveillance footage and more law enforcement reports about what occurred in relation to the lawyer.

“…I know he didn’t fall. I just know that,” Williams said.

The family is still awaiting results from an independent autopsy which could take many more weeks.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here