10-Year-Old Texas Boy Admits To Shooting & Killing A Man In A RV Park


A 10-year-old boy has admitted to an unsolved killing in Texas. He stated to detectives that he fatally shot a man as the victim slept.

2 years ago, the child was just about to turn eight when he shot the man. He has been evaluated at a psychiatric facility. However, charges cannot be filed against him because of his age at the time of the crime.

Texas laws notes that in order for a child to be criminally responsible for an offense, they must be at least 10 years old.

The boy is now in a juvenile detention center for threatening a student on a bus. This was another occurrence that happened at the beginning of April.

In 2022, 32-year-old Brandon Rasberry was fatally shot in the head. He had been sleeping at an RV Park located in Nixon, Texas. Rasberry had just moved to the location a few days prior to the killing.

The boy’s possible link to the matter was found after sheriff’s deputies were contacted on April 12. This was in regards to a student who threatened to assault and kill another student on a school bus. They then found out that the boy had made statements about killing someone two years ago.

The child was then questioned. He provided information to interviewers about Rasberry’s death that only someone with first-hand knowledge would know.

The boy said that he had been visiting his grandfather who lived close to the RV Park. He talked about a dirt and army green 9 mm pistol that he took from the glove box of his grandfather’s truck.

He said that he had gone into Rasberry’s RV, shot him in the head and shot the couch. Afterwards, he left and put the gun back into the truck.

He added that he had observed Rasberry in the RV park that same day. However, he had never met him and had no reason to shoot him. Rasberry’s body was discovered after he didn’t show up to work for 2 days.

The boy stated that his grandfather later sold the pistol. Deputies were able to find it at a pawn shop, and shell casings from the other crime scene were connected to the firearm.

The child was placed in a 72-hour emergency detention and received an evaluation and treatment. He then was placed in juvenile detention. This was for the charge of making a terroristic threat in the school bus matter.

Leave a Response