15-Month-Old Dies After Being Exposed To Fentanyl

0
1416





On Wednesday, authorities announced that parents of a 15-month-old child were apprehended for the toddler’s death. This follows the child being discovered unresponsive in their residence in Northern California. There, drug paraphernalia and fentanyl were found.

Evan Frostick, 26, and Madison Bernard, 23, were apprehended at their apartment in Santa Rosa. They have been charged with cruelty to a child likely to produce great bodily injury or death.

After toxicology tests and an autopsy are completed, the charges may be upgraded to manslaughter.

Authorities had come to the scene after Bernard had contacted 911. She stated that her child, Charlotte Frostick, was unconscious.

“The main concern was that the toddler was in a bedroom that had both paraphernalia for fentanyl and fentanyl…sprinkled on the bed.”

After investigating the scene, detectives located 2.5 to 3 grams of suspected fentanyl and paraphernalia in the bedroom. Some was found on the bed that the parents and child all slept in and on the floor in the child’s play area.

“Anything from milligrams or more can be considered a lethal dose. So, having that much just lying around can be incredibly dangerous,” a police spokesperson added.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here