Couple Arrested After The Sexual Abuse, Burning, & Shooting Of 15-Year-Old Girl


After a 15-year-old girl is said to have been abused, tortured, and almost murdered, a couple in Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana, has been apprehended.

On April 20, at about 11 p.m., the girl was discovered extensively burned, shot several times, and barely surviving, following a car wreck in Baytown, Texas.

Prior to the crash, officials had gotten calls of the car driving recklessly on the I-10 East service road.

40-year-old Latonya Harris and her boyfriend, 41-year-old Terrence Washington, who had been behind the driver’s seat, were arrested. The victim was transported to a medical facility, and another 10-year-old was placed in custody.

Officials noted that the teen’s injuries were disturbing and included gunshot injuries to the chest and face. She had also experienced third and fourth-degree burns to 30% of her body.

Once questioned, Washington is said to have confessed to sexual abusing the victim for multiple months. He also confessed to shooting her as an argument with Harris took place at their residence. He stated that he had been holding the gun in his hands. It then went off, hitting the victim in the face.

Authorities say that following the shooting, the couple and the victim headed for Texas with another 10-year- old girl in the car. Following the wreck and the apprehensions, the minor was taken to a residence in Louisiana by a relative.

The 10-year-old stated that she had been sleep and awakened to the the teen’s body being on fire. She said that she saw Harris standing over the victim’s bed. She had been holding a bottle of rubbing alcohol and a lighter. Investigators then found out that the victim had been shot on two different occasions. This was in the residence, and the teen was not treated as the family drove to Texas.

A search of the home was done. Then, investigators discovered evidence of a shooting and blood. After Washington was interviewed again, he later changed his story. He said that Harris had said that the sexual abuse was the teen’s fault. She then set the girl on fire while he was at work. He added that she would not get the girl medical treatment.

Harris would not cooperate authorities and was placed in jail for attempted first- degree murder and second-degree cruelty to a juvenile. She was also charged with domestic abuse battery child endangerment. Her bail was set at $1 million.

Washington was placed in jail on two counts of attempted first-degree murder, second-degree cruelty to a juvenile, and obstruction of justice. He was also charged with molestation of a juvenile, three counts of indecent behavior with a juvenile, and five counts of second- degree rape.


Leave a Response