Three Students Sent To Hospital After Consuming Controlled Substance


After ingesting a controlled substance on Monday, three elementary school students were sent the hospital, in Gaithersburg, Maryland.

After receiving a call, authorities arrived at College Gardens Elementary School. This came following students becoming ill.

Investigators learned that several students believed that they were getting candy from a blue container. Three of the 7-year-olds ate a little of the substance then spit it out. After feeling light-headed, they went to the nurse who contacted first responders. The children were then transported to a hospital for precautionary measures.

None of the substances were recovered, and investigators aren’t sure what specifically the children ingested. However, the toxicology of some of students show that the items were possibly a methamphetamine-linked drug, like Adderall or MDMA (ecstasy or molly).

The children have been released from the hospital and are at their residences with their parents.

An investigation into the matter is ongoing.

1 Comment

Leave a Response