A woman was rushed to the hospital after someone placed a napkin laced with poison in her door handle.
Erin ‘Dawn’ Sims, 37, was out with her husband celebrating her birthday in Houston, Texas. They were leaving a restaurant when Dawn seen a napkin placed in her door handle. Dawn not thinking she took the napkin out with the tips of her nails and touched the door handle to open the door.
“Normally I wouldn’t touch anything like that, but I did have a margarita and I don’t know I just thought maybe my husband put it in there”, Dawn says in a video explaining the situation.
Minutes later Dawn’s fingers and arm started to have a tingling sensation. After other symptoms started to occur, she was rushed to the emergency room. Doctors told her and her husband that her vitals were not stable, and she had acute poisoning.
Dawn is looking into getting footage from the restaurant’s parking lot. Police believes it was a kidnapping attempt.